Rats Rats And More Rats !!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rats Rats And More Rats !!!

A Rat Forum Based On Um ..... Rats !

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts on the ball

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Miahsgirl

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Thoughts on the ball Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on the ball   Thoughts on the ball EmptyMon 4 Jun - 4:08

I use a large ball for my rats.I put them in the ball,tape it shut and off they go!I keep them in the same room I'm in.Nobody has excaped.Everyone needs a bath after playing in the ball.It gets nasty in there!
Back to top Go down
VociferousWench

VociferousWench

Female Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the ball   Thoughts on the ball EmptyTue 5 Jun - 0:43

Those balls should never be used for rats (or other animals, in actuality). They offer very little to NO ventilation, and it ruins the whole point of taking them out of their cage. Rats need to experience their surroundings using all five senses - putting them in a running ball makes that impossible. They need to climb, explore, smell new things, run around, et cetera.

My bedroom is completely rat-proofed, and I just open my rats' cage and let them out for a few hours a day. I put up a ramp so they can come and go as they please. Smile
Back to top Go down
reachthestars

Female Number of posts : 7
Interests : rats and horses
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the ball   Thoughts on the ball EmptyTue 5 Jun - 1:43

Those balls are horrible for rats and any other small animal. They only use mine get are to be hung in the cage as a nesting ball. Rats are too intelligent to be forced into those balls. They need free range time so they can climb, explore and play.

I can only imagine how scared your rats are if they come out of the ball covered in their own excrement. No
Back to top Go down
VanillaLette

VanillaLette

Female Number of posts : 2
Interests : LOTS
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the ball   Thoughts on the ball EmptyWed 6 Jun - 7:29

I have one of those balls,but it sits and collects dust.My rats dislike it and plus,why stuff them in there when I can let them free range? Plus it is alot more better to interact with free-range ratties.Rats are too smart for those balls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fattyrats
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the ball   Thoughts on the ball Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the ball
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rats Rats And More Rats !!! :: All About Rats ! :: Rat Chat !-
Jump to: