Rats Rats And More Rats !!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rats Rats And More Rats !!!

A Rat Forum Based On Um ..... Rats !

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

problems with my rats health

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tonyabrooks

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-04

problems with my rats health Empty
PostSubject: problems with my rats health   problems with my rats health EmptyMon 4 Jun - 4:01

I need to see if anyone can help me. I am new to this site. I have been having some health problems with my solid white/red eyed rats. It seems that when they get stressed or moved their faces swell and turn a little blue and they seem to have something happening to their eyes. Does anyone know what is happening. I have completey changed all of my breeders and it is still happening. I breed, rexes, dumbos, dumbo rexes and regulars. My regulars are usually feeders but I don't want to feed the ones that are having problems. Also the white rats seem to be in pain when we pick them up, they squeek like they are in pain. Can anyone hlep.
Back to top Go down
Miahsgirl

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: problems with my rats health   problems with my rats health EmptyMon 4 Jun - 4:05

Have you done any reserch on vet pages?Have you changed their diet?
You may have to take them to the vet.I know this my be costly.It could be worth saving the others too.Good luck!

Welcome to the rats forum!
Back to top Go down
tonyabrooks

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: healthe   problems with my rats health EmptyMon 4 Jun - 18:44

I feed them Mazuri rodent feed. So I don't know if it is the food and it doesn't happen to all of them.
Back to top Go down
Miahsgirl

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: problems with my rats health   problems with my rats health EmptyMon 4 Jun - 19:46

If thats what they have been on for a long while that cannot be it.I had a albino not too long ago that had some skin problems.I gave her to a friend who wanted to care for the skin issue.I was putting some stuff on it.It was not working.She is putting a vit. e oil on it.The rat also has a upper resportory infection.Maybe its just albinos.They seem to be harder to keep than colors.

Mazuri is a cheap food.The food value is not high.Its fine as a mix.
Back to top Go down
VociferousWench

VociferousWench

Female Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: problems with my rats health   problems with my rats health EmptyTue 5 Jun - 0:38

You really need to get your rats to the vet. Considering the ocular issues, it sounds like they might have SDA. Either way, your rats are suffering and they need immediate vet care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problems with my rats health   problems with my rats health Empty

Back to top Go down

problems with my rats health
Page 1 of 1