Rats Rats And More Rats !!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rats Rats And More Rats !!!

A Rat Forum Based On Um ..... Rats !

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rat sterilization

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Miahsgirl

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Rat sterilization Empty
PostSubject: Rat sterilization   Rat sterilization EmptyMon 4 Jun - 3:51

Has anyone else Read about this?It sounds like a good idea if it does not cost alot.I know for a dog under 10 pounds at the local low cost place its $45.00 for females and $35.00 for males.They do only dogs and cats.I'd love to get the babies fixed before sending them out in the world.It would be cool if I could do it myself.I'll look online!Sounds like a bad idea.We'll see.(No not for real)
Back to top Go down
VociferousWench

VociferousWench

Female Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Rat sterilization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rat sterilization   Rat sterilization EmptyTue 5 Jun - 0:49

Spaying is anywhere between $80-$200, while neutering is usually under or around $100.

Small animals are much harder to work on for the vet, and take a lot more time and consideration - thus why the prices are higher than dog/cat sterilizing. Make sure to find an EXTREMELY rat-savvy vet - just any ol' dog or cat vet won't do. Rats are exotics and need special care.

I have 13 rats. 10 of them are spayed/neutered, 2 girls are a little too small for the surgery just yet, and my old boy (Mulligan) is way too old. Spaying and neutering is a great thing to do for your animals, especially the females. It greatly reduces mammary tumors and ceases the possibility of pyometra.
Back to top Go down

Rat sterilization
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rats Rats And More Rats !!! :: All About Rats ! :: Rat Chat !-
Jump to: